Sexual Health Education in Los Angeles Area schools...and neighborhoods, youth groups, and more!
Parents, Guardians, Educators and Youth Mentors:
Think back to your own experience with sex-ed.
Did you get the comprehensive factual sexual education you needed? Did you have the space and time to think through your own values regarding your own sexuality? Did you worry that you weren’t normal?
Now imagine what it’s like when teens and tweens are engaged in a series of sexual health workshops with their peers in which:
- they can express their identities, hopes, confusion, and concerns together.
- they can ask calm, supportive, well informed adult facilitators anything about the perplexing topic of human sexuality, and count on getting an honest fact-based answer.
- diversity is embraced as natural and healthy.
- everyone learns to respect their own bodies.
- everyone understands the importance of consent and practices healthy communication.